Sunday, November 11, 2012

Becoming uninterested... until interests are sparked.



Like I have said before, I have been playing WoW since the days when you could only get into Warsong Gulch by going to the actual instance instead of queing for it. Well, I have begun to lose interest already in playing this game. Repetition can only go so far until it is just that.

However, while flying around Pandaria today, I decided to investigate something that has piqued my attention since the expansion came out. I'm talking, of course, of the island off the norther coast of Shan'ze Dao in Townlong Steppes. I decided to try and go for it, wondering what mysteries -if any - would be there. I took off in that direction, leaving the shores of Shan'ze and watched as my Fatigue Bar slowly depleted. A mist or fog or shroud of some sort surrounded me. I was on auto-fly and the mini map showed nothing - couldn't even see the island anymore! - so i looked at my world map. Lo and behold I had hit an invisible wall. I flew back to build my fatigue up again and went back hoping for a hole I could infiltrate the island through, but alas, to my disappointment, there was none.



I did a bit of researching online and found a few interesting posts. [Zandalar].

"It is believed that the island is the "Zandalari Isle" shown on a map draft released at the BlizzCon 2011 announcement of the expansion. Though that island may also be the Isle of Reckoning.
As of build 15739, a new speculation has arisen that this island may be actually a remnant of Zandalar, which has been reportedly decimated by Cataclysm. Early explorations through Eagle Eye have revealed several mogu structures, as well as one big building with the instance portal at the entrance. Now the island is blocked off from any means of accessing by the invisible wall, but may be opened later in a content patch.
One strong indication in this direction is if one flys into the mist and to the invisible wall, they will discover the South Seas, which is where Zandalar was supposed to be as mentioned in the RPG." -Wowpedia

I'll also link this forum post.
Keep in mind that all of this is uncomfirmed as of the date of this posting. <3

-Fallzen

No comments:

Post a Comment